HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Relic Hunting: Part 1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Relic Hunting: Part 1 Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

Relic Hunting: Part 1
Posted by Mainevent
12 September 2004, 10:42 PM

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=mainevent.0912042242223.html
Incarnate

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it alot its probably one of the best stories i've read so far today. I can tell you've had a lot of practice at writing and your style is well defined and refined. I enjoyed reading this alot and cant wait for more.
Berconius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Not bad Reply with quote

Some grammatical errors around, but nothing serious. Seems kind of standard, though. Nothing about the plot as struck me as out of the ordinary. Covies going after a relic and humans going to stop them...eh.

Also, those Elites seemed kinda easy to beat. I mean, I'm sure 12 rounds of battlerifle will likely do some serious damage to shields, but they ARE spec op. To be realistic, their shields would probably be stronger. Getting veritably slaughtered that fast also seems rather odd.

Well, good hunting!
MC's Cousin
Mr. 1337

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was slightly disapointed in a few places Main. There were spots where the flow was off, and things just didn't sound right. Plus, there were the occasional grammatical errors. Detail too. It was fair, better than fair, but could have been improved. Out of practice?...
Anyway, I'll have to disagree with Berconius about the story line aspect. This is like the very first part of this series, so the whole plot has yet to be reveiled. But, I do agree that those Black Spec Ops did seem a tad too easy to kill.
Overall, I like it, and will look forward to the next chapter; however, you still have some work to do.
Mainevent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I admit I am a bit out of my rhythm. I haven't typed anything in a while, and it messes with you. Give me a bit to get back into my groove.

But don't expect much now, I have the wonderful Category 5 Ivan to contend with this week.
Helljumper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea it was missing what MCC said.

ODST
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: