HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Revival of the Covenant: Prologue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Revival of the Covenant: Prologue Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

Revival of the Covenant: Prologue
Posted by Mizbehavin (mizbehavincy@gmail.com)
22 August 2005, 2:59 am

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=Mizbehavin0822050259061.html
'Nosolee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I'll try to say everything that needs to be worked on here all in one post as nice as possible...that way when the flamers come everything will have been said already.

1) Code, know it, use it, love it. I bet about 9 out of 10 stories posted here on HBO do not use proper coding. You must, MUST use proper indentation for paragraphs if you want people to read your work. place [indent] before every paragraph to indent it. MS word Tabs and such will not work here. You can find more about coding in the guidelines section.

2) Take your time, develop the characters and explain. To be honest I have no real picture of what was going on in this story. It all seems too muddled into a bigh Halo fiction pile of goo. Part of this is due to lack of [indent]ation

3) Please watch your grammar, punctuation, and spelling. There are many many many places where the sentences are not seperated correctly. Itgets.hardtoread.afterawhile.

There are other things in the story that I'm sure others will pick up on.

I did like how the story was set in a Waterworks-type place.

Work hard on your fiction and have others proofread it, hell any one of us HBOers will surely proofread it if you send us an email.

Welcome to HBO, always good to have new faces show up. It ensures our survival Wink

7/10

-'Nos
Boy.I.Like.Halo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E gad. Text wall of DOOM!! NEEED CODE.
Pooman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with 'Nosolee. It is pretty cool to see new faces. Good luck on other stories. 7.6/10
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: