HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This Is My House - Chapter 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: This Is My House - Chapter 2 Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

This Is My House - Chapter 2
Posted by Odin of SoS. (kavika86@yahoo.com)
3 August 2005, 9:56 pm

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=Odin_of_SoS.0803052156201.html
Odin of SoS.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! That's supposed to be chapter 1. What an IDIOT!!
Helljumper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man that was deep, i wasn't expecting that shotout at the end like that

ODST
Master Chief Spartan- 117

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it's supposed to be chapter one, other than that it was good. I wonder how David will react when he see's his wife has been shot.
Solidus Snake

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, she had to die? Oh well, life is full of sorrow. Good job, Odin. Now I'm waiting to see what would happen next.

Good luck in future!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Azrael

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic. Excellent. Your details were right on when they got to town, and you nailed those human emotions. Excellent.

I will admit, I found myself skimming a bit when it came to nemesis-one's position from the car, but everything else was great. Maybe it was short, but I rather think it was simply THAT good that it flew by.

I will give you big ups for the killing off the wife. NEW PEOPLE, LOOK AT THIS. This is making us care. You attatched emotion (the wife's reactions to the deaths in the city), tragedy (the very people who were trying to save her were the ones who killed her), and rich detail in your conclusion, and it really got the job done. It read like something I would write, and I loved reading it. Lots of praise for this chapter.
Solidus Snake

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have shot her in the foot, stune her.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MC's Cousin
Mr. 1337

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see you postin', Odin.

Saw some small mistakes here and there. GPS stuff. Most of them were little things. So just be careful when looking over your story before you post it. Just a couple quick read-overs should be good. And if you already do that, just keep your eyes open wider.

The story seemed to pass by rather quickly. I started reading and then just a couple minutes later I was at the bottom of the page. Perhaps it is the first chapter, but I would have liked more.

Overall, this was good. I enjoyed reading it, and hope that it will be continued without too much of a delay. Keep it up.
Odin of SoS.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guys. i think either this one or "The Log" are the only real times people really complimented my writing. ill try and keep the quality up.
CoLd BlooDed

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon I liked it, I did, but I agree with the big man; yeah, that's right, MCC. It did pass rather quickly, but I found myself wondering if the emotion--not that it was lacking--could've been more stretched out than it was.

To be honest, though, I didn't expect the monster to be a human soldier; good on you for fooling me!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: