HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mission From SATU part 8—The Conclusion: Face to Face
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Mission From SATU part 8—The Conclusion: Face to Face Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

Mission From SATU part 8—The Conclusion: Face to Face
Posted by Chuckles
6 September 2004, 2:42 PM

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=chuckles.0906041442508.html
Shaolin Fist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoo...great story. for the most part. lex and ackerson got their comeuppances...but not Master Chief..man..anyone but Master Chief..
MC's Cousin
Mr. 1337

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good piece of writing Chuckles, I'll have to start reading more of your stuff. Sadly, I'm just picking this up, and have not past experience with this storyline, I might have to take some time and correct that.
There were a few places in the combat where I would have liked more detail and explenation, and where things seemed a tad off. Last time I checked, a grenade to a shieldless Spartan didn't leave that particular Spartan anywhere near ready to fight or run for any guns.
I was surprised by the endings though. Not a happy one like most tend to do. Had some feeling behind it, too. Surprisingly, I liked it. Good work.
Brigade_of_marines

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good. I have a question. I tried to post my second chapter but it didn't post. Is there any way i can fix that or is something wrong? I posted it Saturday, yet I havn't seen a thing. Help would be appreciated
Helljumper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was some of the illest shit i've read in a while. Standing appaulase, you deserve that. Nothing bad to say.

ODST

wow that was good
hunter_that_dances

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK GOODNESS ACKERSON DIED!!!!

Nice one man, you have to write a sequel...or else...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MC's Cousin
Mr. 1337

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did Ackerson die? I didn't see him die. I just saw him get threatened.
Unless, of course, I was day dreaming and just didn't notice...
Helljumper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow MCC did you just stop reading, Linda sniped his ass. read the ending again good sir.

ODST
MC's Cousin
Mr. 1337

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I feel kinda stupid. I kinda realized my mistake at around midnight while staring at my ceiling trying to go to sleep. I was just thinking about the Chuckles/Ackerson scene. Man, I need to stop talking on the phon, reading, and trying to watch TV at the same time...
Grunt-Boy

Location: In a land so myserious, so desolate, so...so...um...o well i just live in South Carolina

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good series. I've written some stuff and didn't ever get half the replies or views that you get(and every one else for that matter). Maybe it's the name. O well. I'm just going to stop writing because i obviously suck at it. (Elite pledge to Kill all Grunts)<<sucks really bad. And for those of you who have read Origin of the Species: the Hakarans are the Grunts. IT is before the halo story, just look at the date. O, and sorry for the spoiler if anybody was expecting a another chapter. too bad.

the end.
Chuckles

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. It was a fun series to write.

Grunt-Boy, what was THAT all about? When I first started writing on here, I didn't get many views or posts either. One way to help yourself with that is to read and comment on other people's writing. When I see someone taking the time to read my stuff and comment on it, I will usually return the favor.

Writing gets better with practice. When you post stuff on here, you will have people comment on how you can improve. So either give up, or keep trying and get better. Your choice.

C.T. Clown
Covie_Lover

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't read The Fall of Reach, and can't afford it, so I don't know much about this Ackerson person, but i do have question. Why does everyone have him so much? This is an honest question.
MC's Cousin
Mr. 1337

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Covie_Lover, let's just say that you have to have read through the books to truly understand.

To Grunt-Boy: I agree with Chuckles fully on this one. All of the writers here started out as n00bs at one time or another. It takes time, effort, some patience, and some sore typing fingers to get a large volume of comments.
Sometimes, you just have to be patient. So hold in there for us. If you keep following our advice, and doing your best as a writer, you can expect to see improvement, and more comments. But don't just give up on us, keep going for Halo (and Halo 2).
Grunt-Boy

Location: In a land so myserious, so desolate, so...so...um...o well i just live in South Carolina

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been thinking of this one story idea...

the end.
CoLd BlooDed

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I just read this. Amazing, simply amazing.

You do deserve a standing ovation. I think this was one of the most unique ways to finish a story. Just great.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: