HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Unngoy Life: Chapter 9: Da Orks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: A Unngoy Life: Chapter 9: Da Orks Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

A Unngoy Life: Chapter 9: Da Orks
Posted by CrazyGrunt (thomas-hoskins@comcast.net)
19 July 2005, 5:43 pm

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=CrazyGrunt0719051743171.html
Zephyr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMFG! YOU NEED EFFING INDENTATION!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE IS IT?!?!?!?!?!?! I DIDN'T SEE IT ANYWHERE IN YOUR STORY!!!!! PUT IT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[indent] [indent] [indent]!!!!
simply type [indent] before the beginning of the paragraph if you didn't know! And if you DID know, you should;ve started doing it a long time ago!!!
Solidus Snake

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, yeah, what the hell is this? And what is up with the whole weapon thing? And, try to make more of a serious story that is well planned out and proofread.

Good luck.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Master Chief Spartan- 117

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the series was good at first but once you started adding droids and orks you thoroughly screwed it. Humans would be ok but you got too many pov's going at once.

Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Shocked
Zen-Army

Location: fending off rouge carpet salesmen and the 100+ post land's Buddhist temple

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These orks are like orcs? da fuck is all this then? orcs and halo?

thats like mixing iced tea with mayonase.
MasterSushi

Location: Sitting in a chair. On my own. Eating cupcakes. And people tell me to get a life. Ha.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This reminds of that game some of the kids are playin' nowadays. Battlehammer or Warhammer or something.

And wow, they call you crazy for a reason huh?

You seem to underline instead of italics. In fact you don't have any obvious grasp of the Code whatsoever.

Also, you shouldn't have to tell us a crapload of unecessary information which you expect us to remember, in an Author's Note at the beginning. I don't know if you've noticed, but when you read a book, there isn't an Author's Note at the beginning telling everybody a summary of what's what. To quote Dave: "Go read a book, then come back."
Zen-Army

Location: fending off rouge carpet salesmen and the 100+ post land's Buddhist temple

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

authors notes are a most vile abomination. you should explian everything in your story.

and it is warhammer 40k or something like that. space orcs man, they have space orcs. WTF
Zen-Army

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i haven't been following this series, but thats one hell of a sci fi quagmire. droids, space orcs. space orcs man, they're space orcs! how the hell did that happen? oh god, i'm freakin' out, man!
Mark25
BANNED

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
authors notes are a most vile abomination

Quote:
Also, you shouldn't have to tell us a crapload of unecessary information which you expect us to remember, in an Author's Note at the beginning. I don't know if you've noticed, but when you read a book, there isn't an Author's Note at the beginning telling everybody a summary of what's what.

Guys I hate to disagree but have you ever read George Orwell's 1984, there's a whole section dedicated to doublethink and double speech, also Gabriel Garcia Marquez's One hundred years of solitude, there's a timeline-family-tree explaining the relationship between all the characters, both instances to be fair had no other means of explaining away these details without ruining the pace of their respective tales, so I'm sure this guy was probably just trying to justify the same action. By the way dude I did like the choppa/ 'uge choppa it certainly raised a smile, the story is very imagination-intense-heavy, but like someone else says here it could do with a little more refinement.

Space orcs or plain orcs I have no idea if there is a difference, so I'm afraid its not a point I can dispute unless orcs are the ground-faring cousins of space orcs, I just don't know, sorry.

Some people don't like too many povs, I can't say that I mind if that happens myself.

I always thought underline and italics meant the same thing; variant emphasis on those particular words, just my thought thats all.

Zen-Army you don't seem to like this crossover type thing do you or is it just this particular series? lol (hope you like transformers).

Master chief dude first you rip it for lack of indentation and then you call the other guys harsh, er...

I'm looking forward to seeing (reading) the firefight in the next episode, I want to see who you side with overall.

Nice imagination too.
Zen-Army

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i pretty much hate crossovers, but as you have seen, i don't trash people's work becuase of it. i just question why orcs would be in space or what ever. orcs belong in the LotR, not sci fi.

although, i'd like to see a halo/aperion crossover. don't get it?... thought so.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: