HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Prophets conversation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: A Prophets conversation Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

A Prophets conversation
Posted by The Prophet of Hatred (urukbeserker@sbcglobal.net)
4 June 2005, 1:01 AM

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=the_prophet_.0604050101371.html
Zephyr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! Pretty good, fits in with mine. don't bother reading it, it's junk. But in my story the Humans and Elites and Hunters and Grunts all get together and fight the Covenant.
Chuckles

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not think that you captured the voice of the prophets very well. First of all, there was not enough religious banter, such as the human's destruction being the will of God, or anything about the Great Journey. They just did not have that "prophet" feel. Also, I doubt that the term "cannon fodder" is one used by the Covenant Very Happy
Although you showed a lot of imagination, I did not get a clear sense of where this was going or what you had the prophets saying.

C.T. Clown
Csp499

Location: Aboard the Malta.Maybe I should push the button on this big spikey purple thing and see what happens

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, but there was something a little wrong. First, as Chuckles said, You could have expressed the fact that they were prophets, (By using old vocabulary), but I can see why a Prophet would, in fact, use the word "Cannon Fodder."

Another thing- though it does'nt matter all too much, the Covenant probably do not have names like "Death" or "Hatred", they usually use pausitive ones. (Hatred and Death sound more like Union ship names, if you want my opinion.)
dom1

Location: Merrily chasing my pet grunty Cuckoo in 100+ post land!! I made it!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Chuckles. The Prophet-speak seemed all herky-jerky. It went from fitting, to off key, to just plain strange. Not in that order, though.
Commander Demitri Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was actually quite good, some missplaced capitals and what not but none the less good. You spelt Sangheili wrong by the way.

-CDW
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: