HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Halo 3: Mission 1: Cortana (Pt.1 of the mission.)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 11:29 am    Post subject: Halo 3: Mission 1: Cortana (Pt.1 of the mission.) Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

Halo 3: Mission 1: Cortana (Pt.1 of the mission.)
Posted by Zack Wilder (zackwilder118@aol.com)
29 May 2005, 5:46 AM

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=zack_wilder.0529050546592.html
Zen-Army

Location: fending off rouge carpet salesmen and the 100+ post land's Buddhist temple

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

High Charity was overrun with flood. they infested parts of it. Becuase of the Covenant civil war going on, they were weakened significantly and the dead would provide a readily availible food scource for the flood. You should have made the Brute's situation a lot more desperate considering this. they would have had to defend against the flood, who have a foot hold in high charity.

I don't think the Covenant could easily retake the cities structures with out a lot of close quarters combat with the flood and Elite stragglers.

to do serious damage, the Flood only need one infection form. the infection form infests a hoste, then turns into a carrier form to reproduce. This makes more infection forms and that continues if they manage to go undetected. This continues until they have a foot hold and can start making combat forms and stop playing it safe.

This has potential, so keep writing.

in your previous chapter's comments, you asked about good names for chapter titles. They should reflect the plot of the individual chapter or have some significant meaning to the chapters.
Zack Wilder

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually, this is not High Charity. Yet. Its another part that will lead to High Charity. But i hadn't thought of that. thanks.
Zen-Army

Location: fending off rouge carpet salesmen and the 100+ post land's Buddhist temple

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was under the impresion that he was at high charity. Anyway, about the flood there. If the arbiter and the gravemind are on good terms, then the flood would be working with him rather than against him, right? That would make things very interesting. Seeing the arbiter fight along side the flood. I'm sure his situation would be extremely controversial to him, since a lot of the combat forms are elites.

you said something about another part leading to high charity. Is it another chapter, or another section attached to the actual city?
Mainevent

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt the flood are complex enough to form an order such as "Don't harm the Elite in the shiny metal clothing". I would figure they are either on kill or don't kill mode, and that would be that.
Zen-Army

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

an individual flood form is inteligent, but seems to act more like an animal. kind of like the Aliens from those movies where they are controlled by a queen and as individuals, they're somewhat mindless, but retain thier intelligence. The flood apear to be controlled by the gravemind, which is very inteligent, so if it had the capability to control its minions, it could be possible. they'd kind of be like organic robots that can be programed.

I'm just saying, that if the gravemind controls the flood and the arbiter is allied with it, it is possible.

and remember, the parasite may seem mindless, but its smarter than it looks.
Mainevent

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only the next batch of flood would know the arbiter as ally though. Since the ones ravaging around probabyl are already programmed and on the move.
Zen-Army

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the gravemind controls them than they can be reprogramed. robots can be reprogramed, so one minute they could be helping an orphan and his crippled puppy, and the next minute it could be plagerizing Terminator.
Mainevent

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are NOT robots.
Dojorkan

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldnt the gravity hammer be at the control room? Im sure the arbiter would have took it with him then.

Im sooo confused.
Jester

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tartarsauce escaped(yes, I know that's not his real name)from the control room at the begining of the first chapter. Also the part where the Arbiter realizes that he isn't on High Charity confuses me. Is he on board a ship, or are you calling High Charity just a certain part of the entire city?
mr chief 17

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

firts the bad-- lots of repeted words in close conjunction, and ideas that are not well illustrated. I had a hard time getting through the first paragraph because of this. Also, you said that the Brute was oblivious to what was happening behind him, but then he turns around like a second later. However, amazingly creative, with a title that looks like it would come straight from the game. Go to some forums, and get some of your facts straight next time-- you have potential, use it.
Jester

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The action did feel a lot smoother in this chapter, but one frag taking down like 3 brutes. I don't think so.
Zen-Army

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never said they were robots. I said they would be like robots. Listen to what guilty spark says. he basically says the flood are smarter than they seem. they can repair a starship, even though the vast majority have not taken hosts with that knowledge.

the high charity part confuses me too. My guess is that its a part that conects to the city, but technically isn't the city.
Mainevent

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They'd be like drones if anything. Colonial insects. I agree they're smarter, but I still doubt they'd be able to leave just one person (especially one who looks just like all of the others) alone.

That's like me telling you that everyone in a football stadium is a terrorist, except for one person. Everyone in the stadium is either white or arab. All of the arabs have beards and all of the white men are clean shaven. Then I told you to go through the stadium, capturing or killing all the terrorists except one particular white man and one particular arab.

It doesn't matter how smart you are, you're going to have a bitching hard time doing that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: