HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spirits in the Mist (Part 1): Silence of the Air

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: Spirits in the Mist (Part 1): Silence of the Air Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

Spirits in the Mist (Part 1): Silence of the Air
Posted by MadJackal
28 May 2005, 1:18 AM

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=madjackal.0528050118521.html
Odin of SoS.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i liked it a lot. it was well written. the story was somewhat captivating and im looking forward to the next installment
Nick Kang

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, perhaps a tie-in with Iron Hands? Hopefully it will be just as good. I look forward to the next installment.
MC's Cousin
Mr. 1337

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see you around MadJackal.

The plot started to suck me in at the very beginning. Very nicely done. A string of questions sprung into my mind concerning these Mist Spirits. All sorts of stuff you could do with a group like that. I will be waiting to see what. Their armor was one item that swam in my thoughts for a bit. It intrigued me to ponder upon.

Now, there was one main thing that I noticed slightly flawed this piece. It seemed in a few places repedetiveness plagued the text. Repeates of terms and names proved to be a slight hindrance to the flow of the story. Small, it was, but present nonetheless. So watch out for that.

Overall, this was wonderful. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Just the right mix of elements for my eyes, it would seem. I will be eagerly awaiting your next installment. Keep it up.
OpeningAct

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, did I ever enjoy this! Superb, easily one of the best Covenant POV stories I've ever read on this site, and truly original. It was that good. Hurry up with the next installment! Wink

-OA
SYSTEM
The Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, geez, man, The title just grabbed my attention like a hook in the mouth!

Finally, someone writes without excessive use of "Was" and "Said!" I'm happy!

- Dave.

"When in doubt, empty your magazine." - Murphy's first law of combat operations.
MadJackal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to be back, MCC. And I went back through it and caught some of what you were talking about. I'll watch out for that. A year and a half with no writing must have made me rusty for me to slip into repetitive terms in an important paragraph, lol.

Anyways, I'm glad you guys like it so far. I came up with the idea for this series a long time ago, right after I wrote the Iron Hands series that did so well. It's been sitting on the drawing board for more than a year, but I just didn't have the opportunity to do any writing (this year has been, without a doubt, the most trying time of my life, simultaneously the best and worst thing that's ever happened to me, lol). Now that things are settling down, I decided to continue where I left off on HBO. I wanted this one to be bigger and on a grander scale than the Iron Hands, and so it will be. Expect it to start small but expand to include Halo 2's storyline a little and to involve Truth and his plotting, Tartarus and his blind lust for power, etc.
JCDentonCZ

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good, Very captivating. Great job. There is nothing what I could furthermore give comments on, nothing to change about it. I feel you're not new to HBOFF. For that, I'll say:

Welcome Back to HBO - FF

- JC
The Huntress

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was fricken awesome! I loved it, and I can't wait to read the next one. I have always loved fan fictions that involve stealth. Keep up the good work!
Guardian
BANNED

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCDentonCZ wrote:

Welcome Back to HBO - FF

- JC

Whoa! JC. MadJackal's been part of HBO since 2003. OR probly even before that.
MadJackal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think my first story that I posted here was July 16, 2003. I was reading here a little bit before that.
thedarkfire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone give this man and Oldschooler tag!

Jackel, that was wonderful. I have been itching for more since I came upon your Iron Hands series ages back. I cannot wait until the next installment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: