HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Foosball Vendetta
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: The Foosball Vendetta Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

The Foosball Vendetta
Posted by Chuckles
25 April 2005, 7:06 AM

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=chuckles.0425050706481.html
SeverianofUrth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely amusing Smile I had a smile on my face the whole time (which wasn't long, which is also coincidentally the way I like it).

I have to wonder... does this mean Sagus will receive some... preferential treatment in your new story? (if he appears on your new Waking the Dead, that is)
Azrael

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much comedy on this update...what have we done? Shocked

Short, sweet, and funny. How unlike you!
Chuckles

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the actual story. No kidding.

A year and a half ago I started a new job (the place that I still work) and met Dave (whose gaming name is Aardvark) on the first day. He told me that they had a Evil or Very Mad foosball Evil or Very Mad table in the lunchroom, and that I ought to play a game with him. I told him that I wasn't any good at Evil or Very Mad foosball Evil or Very Mad and he said that neither was he. Now David is no liar, so I would have to chalk this up to either humility or a cruel joke (probably the latter).

We played and he won seven to nothing. After he scored the last goal he stood quiet and thoughtful for a moment--and then with a serious look on his face he took a deep breath and shook his head. It was the reaction of a person who had just done something so deep and so meaningful that he is now searching for a new goal in life. I mean, he looked that serious.

I said, "What is it?"

David said, "Nothing, it's just that I've never seen that done before."

He went on to explain that skunks in Evil or Very Mad foosball Evil or Very Mad are very rare because the chances that you wouldn't score at least one goal even by mistake are miniscule.

So I became the guy who got skunked playing . . . that stupid game. A while later he challenged the Grand Rapids Frag Pile (of which he is now a memeber) to a CTF game.

Muhahahahahahaha.

We accepted, and we skunked them. David is really a great guy, and he never rubbed my nose in his Evil or Very Mad foosball Evil or Very Mad victory. Him and his team were also very good sports when we destroyed them in CTF.

C.T. Clown
SYSTEM
The Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, that ending had me laughing; I almost spat soda on my monitor. Peeling it off with tweezers; at the last second, I had a stray thought impact, and I imagined a guy in a gas mask peeling a skunk of the TransCanada highway; with the traffic backed up for miles, and people turning away and running; ahh, it was hilarious.

- Dave.

"When in doubt, empty your magazine." - Murphy's first law of combat operations.
russ687

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Foosball, so this attracted my eye.

Excellent job, Chuckles. That was very funny, especially your timeline of events the next morning. The exageration was nearly realistic (if I lived ina world full of clowns Wink ) and you covered all the bases. Great job, as this was a nice, short story to brighten up my day.

-Russ
Lexicus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh yes, that CTF game was sweet. Next time you see Ardvark, ask him why he doesn't play much XBL. Too bad nobody took photos of the final scores..

~Lex
Michael Archer

Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada, North America, Earth, Inner Planets, Too bad it won't let me go farther.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: story Reply with quote

Me? I didn't really get the humour. The story was good though.
MC's Cousin
Mr. 1337

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now if I lived in Grand Rapids...

Ehem.

I am no serious fan of foosball. Ping-pong, I can enjoy, but I never really got into foosball. I can play it, but I am far from good at it. I've been skunked by people who have said "I'm not that good, either" too.

Of course, I have a habit of telling new Halo players that I am not that good. I am not lying - I do not see myself as a super-player; though some would laugh and shake their head if they read that.

Anyway.

I chuckled at the chimp part. Pretty funny stuff. I liked it. Though I won't tell you to write this stuff exclusively, I will say that the occasional comedy I would appreciate. Comedies are just so much better when written well.
dom1

Location: Merrily chasing my pet grunty Cuckoo in 100+ post land!! I made it!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twisted Evil Revenge. The sweet nectar that the good can never wield.
Confused same with noobs.
SYSTEM
The Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was once this hilarious scene in peanuts, where Woodstock and Snoopy were playing foosball. And Woodstock, being the little bird he is, jumps onto the field and plays himself. It's really hilarious.

- Dave.

"When in doubt, empty your magazine." - Murphy's first law of combat operations.
Conrad Lauf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was very, very funny.
Keep it up!
Chuckles

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lexicus wrote:
Quote:
Ahh yes, that CTF game was sweet. Next time you see Ardvark, ask him why he doesn't play much XBL.

I can answer that without even asking him: Aadvark does not own an XBox.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

C.T. Clown
thedarkfire

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entertaining Chuckles. No complaints.
Mainevent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is a bit off topic, but can you post pictures in the comments section?

I made a few in paint I wanted you guys to see. They were kind of what I saw in my head as I wrote my next installment, and I was wondering if I could put them on here or if I just had to put them on another site and you click on them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: