HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Waking the Dead—Prologue
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Waking the Dead—Prologue Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

Waking the Dead—Prologue
Posted by Chuckles
18 April 2005, 2:09 PM

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=chuckles.0418051409431.html
SeverianofUrth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, this is turning out to be a really great update. Very Happy

As for the story- what can I say? What, indeed, can I say? The first chapter alone hooked me in. (After all, I want to know what the hell were ODST's doing in the Arctic, how they were slaughtered by the Clowns, and what the hell the Clowns were doing.) (These are just assumption, by the way. Very Happy )

Just a question, though: is this connected with the events in Mission from SATU or Ghosts of Erebus?
Mendez

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuckles,

That was awesome. A little short but awsome.

Nothing that I saw wrong. Well cya later. Keep it up.

Mendez

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Azrael

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an update, indeed. I did not see a new series from you coming so soon.

Shorter than your regulars, but this was a prolouge, and it did just what it came to do: took us in. Oh man, you may have spent maybe two sentences on it, but that second where Gus thought he saw Sim was incredibly vivid in my mind, and really spooky. In a movie, that's a classic double-take.

Good opening. Bring it on.
SYSTEM
The Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The opening reminds me of what I had opening the third issue of TFMCBG, except for that part... Cah-reeeeeeepey!

The name Gina cracked me up. No, really it did. I mean, what's the term again? Gi-no? Something like that. I mean, there was this rock concert, where to get the crowd's attention, they asked everyone to clear a space down the center of the place, and then said, 'Now imagine it's full of Ginos!" and then, "Now, on three, attack! One, two... three!" And then, well, a small riot ensued.

Yep, that cracked me up so bad. I was laughing it up, man.

Though the rest just chilled me over, though. It's twenty-one degrees, (No, that's celcius, so that means its slightly warm up here), outside, and I felt like SHIVERING!

- Dave.

"When in doubt, empty your magazine." - Murphy's first law of combat operations.
Chuckles

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Severian wrote:
Quote:
Just a question, though: is this connected with the events in Mission from SATU or Ghosts of Erebus?

No, not really--although my favorite group of rogue Spartans (some new ones, some old ones) are in it. But nothing actually connects them.

C.T. Clown
thedarkfire

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awsome. Creepy. Did I mention awsome?
MC's Cousin
Mr. 1337

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This update was marvelous. Lots of good stuff to look at. Too bad I don't have time to hit it all right now. Gotta hit the bar...

Anyway. I was not expecting another series so soon, either. But, Chuck is full of surprises.

Really short, and it seemed slightly underdeveloped, but it was a prologue. Still thought the mood could have been set a tad stronger, and more descrption could have been used. Damn I'm picky.

Overall, seems like it will be a good start to a series. Doesn't cross me as something as complex as Ghosts, but still something that will turn out to be of good quality. Keep up the great work.
CoLd BlooDed

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I could imagine this part as if it was a movie, especially when Gus thought he saw something by the doorway (basically, I agree with Azrael).

Yeah, I know, I know--this was a prologue, but I think you could've stretched out the section where the lights go out and Simjanes comes in. That was a little sparse, but otherwise it was good.

I smiled at the last line. Cruel, cruel irony. Then I imagined the opening credits starting (hehe, my movie reference)...

*prays he's in this series*

Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chuckles

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoLd wrote:
Quote:
Yeah, I know, I know--this was a prologue, but I think you could've stretched out the section where the lights go out and Simjanes comes in. That was a little sparse, but otherwise it was good.

I agree--on second look I would have added a little something in there. Thanks for pointing that out. Right after I posted the story I remember reading through it again and thinking, "Dang, things sure happen quick once the lights are out."

MCC, you are picky Very Happy
I was tempted to spread this out further, but except for what I mentioned above, it turned out how I wanted. There won't be any more submissions nearly this short in this series.

Thanks for the comments guys.

C.T. Clown
Caleb the Jackal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read it yesterday and then class ended so I didn't get a chance to post. Well It was awsome. I actually shivered when Gus saw Simjanes. Freaked me out. But ya keep it up.

The was cool.

Caleb
Wiley K.

Location: Neutralizing the guards to 1000+ post land. They don't seem too competent.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

w00t..more creepy Multiplayer-based goodness.

9/10

Will you be using any characters from Erebus or SATU in this one?
Chuckles

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiley wrote:
Quote:
Will you be using any characters from Erebus or SATU in this one?

Yes, but not a whole lot of them. I will also be adding some new ones.

C.T. Clown
Wiley K.

Location: Neutralizing the guards to 1000+ post land. They don't seem too competent.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so you know, Chuck:

If you want to say "BLAHBLAHBLAH wrote":

{quote="BLAHBALHBLAH"}

Hehe..took me forever to figure that out.
russ687

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never really read anything by you, Chuckles. But I must say, well done. My only hipe was the "Hmmmm." part; describe it rather than spell it. This was very mysterious and left the reader wanting more, excellent job there.

The ending seemed a little weaker than what you were alluding to, but it was good. I look forward to your next posting.

-Russ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: