HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ghosts of Erebus—the conclusion—Already Dead (pt 2)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Ghosts of Erebus—the conclusion—Already Dead (pt 2) Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

Ghosts of Erebus—the conclusion—Already Dead (pt 2)
Posted by Chuckles
4 April 2005, 12:23 PM

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=chuckles.0404051223421.html
Chuckles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to thank Helljumper, Wiley and a bunch of guys back at the Frag Pile (you know who you are) for allowing me to use their names in this series. I would also like to thank anyone who took the time to read and comment. Because of you this story has been a lot of fun to write.

I found a few errors in Already Dead that I missed in my many proofreadings. Isn't it frustrating when it seems that you have caught everything, and then you post it and still see mistakes? Oh well.

C.T. Clown
Mendez

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuckles,

I don't think that there is a comment that I more looked forward to writing than this one. But it is going to be short.

Hell, I laughed, I cried, I even soiled my pants reading this series. I am only crying now because it is over. Some may think that I am just sucking up when I give you a complement but you are seriously my favorite freaking author. Noone can write Ironies like you can. Noone.

Thanks for writing this series Chuck. I think I speak for everyone here when I say that it was awsome.

Mendez

*Walks up and removes hat and places it ovevr his heart.*
Caleb the Jackal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Caleb steps up beside Mendez and salutes*

Chuckles you know that you are my favorite author and have been since I got here. So I just want to say... Please can I be in your next series? I will understand if not but they are awesome beyond all reason.

Thanks for being the best horror fic writer here. We love you.

Caleb
MasterSushi

Location: Sitting in a chair. On my own. Eating cupcakes. And people tell me to get a life. Ha.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you do it Chuck?
When I write it's like a sprint; I run out of juice fast and sometimes collapse half way through. But you, it's like my friend who can sprint a couple of miles of cross-country. And it's a c-c race with twists and turns and hills and stuff. Good stuff.

You've taken us on an amazing journey, and for that I thank you.

I'm all jittery just thinking of what you'll do next. Smile
SeverianofUrth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right. Chuckles, I've saved this comment for a long, long time.

I don't think your stories are dark- rather, I think they are triumphant. That's all, really; although I don't really get terrified by your stories, I do feel all aroused (and not in the sexual sense, you depraved idiots)- I can't find a better word to describe it, right now- like, you know, when you watch or read something so satisfying, so well done. I got this feeling the first time I watched Saving Private Ryan, or read George R.R. Martin's A Game of Thrones. Wow. Just wow. Should I call it triumphant-arousal-that-is-not-sexual? I think I'll go look up a thesarus, now.
MasterSushi

Location: Sitting in a chair. On my own. Eating cupcakes. And people tell me to get a life. Ha.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. And with Helljumper, and Wiley, and Rhinox, and Addy-... It was just all so b-e-a-utiful.
(Na)Marl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

--Wow, what a way to end a series, Chuckles. That part where Rhinox cried over Xraf, very touching. Hey, can I be in the next series?
Wiley K.

Location: Neutralizing the guards to 1000+ post land. They don't seem too competent.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And, sadly, another great series comes to a close here at HBO.

I must say, I was entertained every time I read one of these stories from start to always-excellent finish.

Everything about this series screamed "Creepy" in a banshee wail. Not since Wado was writing Dark HALO was I given chills like that. The action, the raw emotion, the suspense, the not-knowing of it all. *sob* Just...beautiful...

All the guest characters were developed excellently, and I believe Helljumper's personality was something akin to perfection. Rhinox's performance was brillant, especially at the end. The way I executed my assinations was excellent(Although, for that last one, I woulda just pulled out a pistol and shot him in the head, but that's not what my character woulda done.)

Are you planning on using these characters in the future? If you are, you already have my permission.

*Clap clap* bravo, bravo! *clap clap*

*Salutes as well*

10/10
Crazy
MC's Cousin
Mr. 1337

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*MCC steps up slowly, looking around and smiling. Stopping beside Mendez and Caleb, he stiffens and straightens to his full height. Brining up one thumb, MCC smiles wider, bring up the other - that knows barely any use - he bring both hands together and issues a single clap.*

Ah. There we go. Well, I can't say I cried; but I did feel every bit of the emotion. That is your strongpoint: powerful, ang gripping moments.

You used the double punctuation. Darn. I'm gonna have to say don't do that. But, since you did use italics for one word, I'll let it slip (just not the lack of ending quotation mark Wink ).

Yeah, I know. I shouldn't be pointing out such a small thing. And it is hard to catch 100% of things - but it is always good to be thinking about it.

There was one thing I was disapointed in. Your nuclear detonation. I was hoping for at least some detail about the exposion or something. Maybe the intent was to make it short and thus more impacting - but I thought it could have been more.

Ironic ending. Quite nice. And Chuck knows where I stand on that whole character inclusion thing.

Overall, I'll stick to what I said in my first comment: brilliant. Sad to see this series ending, but I know we'll get an ever better one this next time around. Keep up the spectacular work. (Guess I owe you two of those 'cigars now.)
Wado
The Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent Very Happy
Mainevent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't read the rest of this series, but what I did read was very well done. It was dark, edgy, and overall very, very good.

There was what I perceived to be a certain formality about it; it's strange what I mean. But I know its there. Reminds me a lot of several authors I've read in the past (though their names escape me).

I really don't have anything to comment on at the moment. It was all very fine from here. I will definitely have to keep up with your work from now on.
Chuckles

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang. Well, I can't tell you how much I appreciate your comments. Seriously, your comments made this a much better series. Speaking of which, MCC, don't apologize for pointing out my mistakes. When I submitted the chapter Fairy Tales and Nightmares you and several others said that you liked it, but it seemed to be missing some depth and detail. At that point in the series I had started to get a little lax, and although I liked that chapter, you guys were right and I knew it. Because of those comments I worked much harder to make the rest of the story better. I can honestly say that if you guys had not been good enough to call it like it was, this series would have suffered.

And this is new--a comment from Wado and Mainevent. Thanks guys.

Of all the comments I get from people about these stories none mean more to me then the ones I get on here from other writers. Coming from all of you it really means something, and I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

C.T. Clown
CoLd BlooDed

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished it, and, I must say, it was amazing. Again, the mood was elevated by some music I was listening to (which was a Reqiuem for a Dream during the beginning until the sequence where Helljumper escaped with Lexicus and Bohemian Rhapsody for the end, I don't know why, though, it just fit perfectly). I should've been listening to O Fortuna when Lexicus started walking through the soldier-crowded streets calling out "Turpelovs" name.

The ending, no doubt, was a perfect twist. I felt sorry for the Admiral, but, I must say, Wiley is a sneaky little bastard (he's wiley, too). Razz I loved it.

Great job--I wished I had had the time to keep with the entire series, but.. you know. Well, maybe not, but still.

Remember to use me for your next series, I called it first! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mainevent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll always comment one what I feel are truly good works. Now, in saying that; if I don't comment on yours that doesn't mean its bad or anything, I just probably haven't had time to read it.

IB is a pain in the Twisted Evil , so I've got enough homework to keep me busy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: