HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ghosts of Erebus—the conclusion—Already Dead (pt 1)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Ghosts of Erebus—the conclusion—Already Dead (pt 1) Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

Ghosts of Erebus—the conclusion—Already Dead (pt 1)
Posted by Chuckles
4 April 2005, 12:23 PM

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=chuckles.04040512233212.html
MasterSushi

Location: Sitting in a chair. On my own. Eating cupcakes. And people tell me to get a life. Ha.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally!!! I'll leave any comments on Pt 2.
I have to read it first. Razz
Caleb the Jackal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh crap I didn't read part one I thought part 2 was the only one. Sorry chuck I will right now.

Caleb
MC's Cousin
Mr. 1337

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I know I could very well post all of what I have to say on the second - but I like posting on both sections, and I'll stick with my tradition.

Well, I was almost disturbed by all those different sections in there. They were included well, but the breaks seemed to make things less to some small degree. Nothing major - there is not often something like that in your work - to worry about, but it is something I thought.

Of course, I understand it was necessary. You had different elements to include, and putting like that was the most efficient and effective way of it. So, it is not a problem.

I would like to say that this went by too fast, but maybe that is just because I was reading through it so fast, trying to reach the ending. Still...

I hate to say this, but: I did see some small things in there. One or two with flow that I noticed, and small stuff. Of course, one out of all that is not bad at all. Once again: still...

As for the length... I did not once look at the scroll bar.

Overall, simply brilliant. I loved the whole thing - and I still have more to get through. Section two, here I come.
CoLd BlooDed

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... wow... wow...

Sorry, am I repeating myself? Oh, well, this particular fiction has "wow" written all over it. Not from me, of course...

*drops felt pen and backs away*

I was listening to music during this entire thing, and, it may be hard to believe, but some Queen and AC/DC songs suit it. Matched the mood (well, almost) perfectly. Razz

But, the emotion. DAMN. That was some raw stuff, Chuckles, raw in a good way. I love the way you take your writing, and define it with a distinct style of darkness, it especially reflects in the mood of the entire chapter. My eyes were attached the screen throughout, and, even though I probably got some minor retina damage from that, it's worth it.

The fluency and transferance of words in this are amazing, as are the descriptions and dialogue (which I find oddly realistic, in an evil sort of way).

Anyways, I don't want to drone on too long, I still have another part to finish! I'll reply on that one, too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Caleb the Jackal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Caleb walks up to Chuck slowly, almost painfully. One foot is slightly dragging and his head is cocked at a wierd angle. He speaks one word into Chuck's ear. Brilliant.*

It was really good. No, no, no... Extremely good. Although I have to say that I have never had a feeling like the one that I got while reading about Mike. I just loved the discription there. It was awesome. But this was just as good. I laughed, I cried... I cried....

Keep it up Chuckles the Clown, for if you do I can see a 'Nosel Prize' in your future.

Caleb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: