HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UNSC First Contact (1/2)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: UNSC First Contact (1/2) Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

UNSC First Contact (1/2)
Posted by Mark Lieberg (malieberg@msn.com)
18 March 2005, 7:44 AM

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=mark_lieberg.0318050744521.html
(Na)Marl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

--Damnit, something's screwed up with my internet, and it won't let me read it! Mad Sorry, Mark.
Mark Lieberg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It aite..i cant read it either..god..I want to copy and paste it onto word so i dont have those edit stuff in it..argh..Want to read my stuff too.

At least the comments are working Very Happy
#179/1204
"Studying Computer Information Systems (That's Programming for you retards out there)"
Commander Demitri Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mark, I wanted to read this too, damn. Can you read Dangerous Liasons when the T1 is back in or whatever it is?
Mark Lieberg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill make sure to read it when My computer lets me view the story...
#179/1204
"Studying Computer Information Systems (That's Programming for you retards out there)"
Commander Demitri Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not your Computer's fault, its the server or something that hosts this forum.
SYSTEM
The Hammer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure; the internet's been so problematic the page won't load.

What's wrong with these computers? I know nothing about computers, so if you could tell me if it's at my end or at the other end of the line, I'd be pretty grateful.

- Dave.

"When in doubt, empty your magazine." - Murphy's first law of combat operations.
thedarkfire

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's actually Wu's fault. They need a new connection to the HBOSN server and he didn't get it yet.

It's not you Dave.
Mark Lieberg

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know its te T1...lets just wait.
#179/1204
MC's Cousin
Mr. 1337

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't have a problem with ANs used correctly. I thought, in your case, that telling us your worries and considerations was not really necessary. Sure, maybe it is somewhat important to tell us what is going through your mind about your work, but I would just say, as I always do: post it here.

Anyway.

Okay. Good introduction. Though, there were some things that could have been improved:

Flow was one of them. Work on leading from one sentense to the next with your wording; and for that matter, through the sentense with what words you use. Wording is very important. Some words just work a lot better, sound a lot better, and look a lot better in context. So always be mindful of this.

You told a bit too much, I think. That was part of what threw off your flow. Describe instead of explaining when you narrate. Nothing drastic, of course, but it is one of the things you should focus on and remember when you are writing - because that is when it makes the difference.

The emotion was good. Something well included. But try to make it more personalized - run things together and don't be afraid to go into short explenations about how he feels and how it has been affecting him - in the recent times and in the past ones.

While I think this whole concept was interesting, I think it could have related a bit more to the plot. If it was, it just did not seem so to me. Like you wrote this whole chapter about this one instance just for a starter. I'm sure you have something bigger to present, though. So, I'll keep watching.

Overall, this was pretty good. Nothing too major that was wrong with it. Just keep working to build up your writing. Good luck.
thedarkfire

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flow and grammar problems were my only real big issue.

Emotion was use to good effect but could have been improved by slowing the pace slightly.

I liked this and will now move on to your next.
Mark Lieberg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How was there grammer isues? Guess I didnt read it over enough.> I read it like ten times straight. and it hurt my eyes every day.

Thanks for the comments.
#179/1204
MC's Cousin
Mr. 1337

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That might be your problem. You have to read right into your work with a fair amount of enthusiasm to catch anything. If you just read through have dead-eyed just to proofread it, chances are you could miss a good deal.

So don't strain yourself. Just read when you have time, and look thoroughly. In a mood to search for small mistakes? - then do it! And the same goes if you are in a good mood for general reading.

Make sure you are capable of paying attention when you proof. Else it will do no good.
Mark Lieberg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL NOw i know whats wrong...I always hate to reread my stories..cause i know whats going to happen, lol. But this series I didnt want anyones help. so thats the pain i get for not getting any.
#179/1204
CoLd BlooDed

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah, this is pretty different from the draft you sent me a while ago. Not bad.

There were grammar issues, yes, and, like the others stated, didn't flow quite right. I spotted a couple minor spelling mistakes, but nothing to out of wack; I probably wouldn't have noticed them if I hadn't been paying attention. Work on stuff like that and your stories will shine. The emotional atmosphere really stood out, though, so I will commend you for that.

The plots not bad, I'll proceed to read the next one after finishing up this comment--I hope it leads to something bigger, however.

Just one more thing, I had a bit of a struggle going through this; my eyes weren't glued to the screen, and I found myself willing to skip certain sections, but I finished it. Don't worry, the fault may be mine, I'm extremely tired.

*yawns*

I'll get to the next one, now. Keep it up, man.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: