HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spartans: Once Again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Spartans: Once Again Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

Spartans: Once Again
Posted by Alex Mills (singinhobo921@netscape.net)
16 March 2005, 5:17 PM

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=alex_mills.0316051717251.html
MasterSushi

Location: Sitting in a chair. On my own. Eating cupcakes. And people tell me to get a life. Ha.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only really skimmed through this because to be honest I lost interest half way through.

Firstly don't forget that you're at Halo Bungie Org Fan Fiction:

Quote:
Brutes are particularly nasty members of the Covenant that look like gorillas but with the strength of a rhino.

Yeah we know that,

Quote:
The Chief had grown up and trained with them

We know who they are too.

Almost everything, you "showed us instead of telling us" but also most of the stuff you were telling us we already know.

i can;t really reveiw this because I didn't understand any of it.
I didn't understand when it was set or anything.

And with sentances like: ""Lets move this big stone."" and terrible grammar in places I didn't want to read it.

i wish i could be of more help but the thing is there was so much wrong with this that my head is still trying to get past some of the basic storyline elements. The time, the context, the flow, the code, the SPAG, the mistakes.

I noticed a lot of sentances from the books and cutscenes. It's almost as if you just finished the books and were showing off your knowledge of Halo.

Sorry I'm a bit rubbish at helping you, I'm off to get an aspirin.
I'll probably some back later though.
Keyes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need to work on spelling. Also, it got confusing after a while, and I don't think I ever heard Cortana say a word. The Chief doesn't talk, and anyone who plays the game knows that. He's the strong and Silent type. Cortana does all the talking. Nice job bringing in the Covenant, though. Just one problem. you overdid it a bit with the

Quote:
"You be quiet." He replied back. "Quit your whimpering. You sound like a Grunt fresh off the teat."

That was a forced line, and sound like it. It felt like Finger nails on the chalkboard of my mind, and it hurt.

Still, with all your faults, it still had a grewat plot. Now I just need to wait for MCC to dig in to you.

good luck, you're gonna need it.

-Fementigly yours
Keyes.
FaithPlusOne

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't read it because the site is down, so maybe it's more grating in context, but that particular line of dialogue sounds good, except that "You be quiet" and "Quit your whimpering" are redundant.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: