HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Strive to Survive (Chapter 14: Turning the Tables)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: The Strive to Survive (Chapter 14: Turning the Tables) Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

The Strive to Survive (Chapter 14: Turning the Tables)
Posted by CoLd BlooDed (broken_lizard12@hotmail.com)
14 August 2004, 5:26 AM

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=cold_blooded.08140405263014.html
thedarkfire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great as always CoLd Smile
CoLd BlooDed

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, darkfire.

Oh, and to anyone else who reads this - Chapter 15 is the end of this series, plus the Epilogue.

The Strive to Survive is coming to an end, people!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SeverianofUrth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

th-th-the e-end? h-how can t-th-this be? NOOOOOOOOOOO!
Nick Kang

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always great, CoLd.

I remember back, after you had written ch. 10, I hadn't read any of the series yet. Then, when I was sick and staying home from school, I read the entire series in an hour and never let my eyes wander off the screen.

And now it's coming to an end Crying or Very sad !
MC's Cousin
Mr. 1337

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another great addition to this series. A shame it has to end, but it would have had to sometime or another. Though you could have a sequel...
Anyway, a few mistakes here and there, but nothing major. I was confused at a few places, but only a little; maybe the way it was written or the way I took it.
Anway, keep up the good work, and you best be sure to make your eneding a dusy (Hmm... the way you're taking this sounds familiar... )
CoLd BlooDed

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, yeah, if you're relating it to Halo then you're right. However, the ending won't be too much like that of the game - I'm hoping, at least.

I'm thinking of a sequel, but I have too much to do after this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chuckles

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done. Your imagery is rich and you have several quotable sentences in there, especially about the monitor: which means your writing has a certain style. One way I know whether I really liked a writer is if I remember any of their lines. Excellent imagination. Your details are kind of like those in a Sergio Leone movie: they add to the richness of the style, but sometimes leave us wondering exactly what is going on. It might be good if every once in a while your story took a breath, stepped back and established the setting. This, combined with your excellent imagery, could sharpen your style and quicken the pace.

Let me say it again: you have a handful of quotable sentences in there, and that is rare for fanfiction. Most folks just get the story on the page. It takes something extra to do it with style.

Great job.

C.T. Clown
CoLd BlooDed

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you kindly, Chuckles - you don't know how much I appreciate comments like that.

This chapter was worthwhile, and took me about four or five days to complete. I'm trying to finish off this series with people wishing it went on longer.

Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: