HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ghosts of Erebus (part ten): Beauty and the Beast
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Ghosts of Erebus (part ten): Beauty and the Beast Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

Ghosts of Erebus (part ten): Beauty and the Beast
Posted by Chuckles
24 February 2005, 7:37 PM

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=chuckles.02240519373711.html
MC's Cousin
Mr. 1337

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One minute I am perusing the older stories that I haven't got to yet, and the next all these pop up. Joy!

Well, I don't have any complaints.

A flashback is not necissarily what I expected, but it worked. And that irony... freaky stuff. That had some emotion. Though, at times, it felt like it went by a tad too quickly. But only at times.

Overall, this was very nice. Gave us some idea of the kind of creature we are dealing with - some. Keep up the excellent work. I can't wait for the conclusion.
SeverianofUrth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff. I'm currently in a english competition right now, and there's a down time of about an hour- thanks, chuckles, for making a part of that hour a little more bearable.
Azrael

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you thank you thank you for NOT finishing this series in ten chapters!

Very good. I liked the flashback instead of having one of the Clowns extract the information in some last-minute, bad-guy-in-a-Bond-movie monolouge.

I've noted that your stories have a theme of karma, you know, the bad guys get what's coming to them for past sins, that whole thing...I'm trying to understand what Sagus had done to deserve such a horrible and wretched existence. I was really feeling that scene between Sagus and his girl, when she was trying to discuss her dream. now THAT was good emotion.

Excellent as always. On to some Spartan-level ass kicking.
SYSTEM
The Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy ca-moly.

That was disturbing - in a good way. Man, every time I finish reading one of Chuckle's works, I get creeped out. I don't know why - it's just THAT scary.

- Dave.

"When in doubt, empty your magazine." - Murphy's first law of combat operations.
Berconius

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. That last bit with Rhinox was definitely a stake in the chest. In a good way. Well. Bad way, but in a good sense.

About the karma part, I actually get a bigger sense of "Bad thing happen to everyone" from this series. Not just good or bad people. It really gets ground in with this chapter since Sagus is clearly a great guy. At least that's how I saw it.
Caleb the Jackal

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap... That thing that happened to Sagus' girl... That was brutal... Crying or Very sad And then what Rhinox said... Holy ****.... Man I really expected that one to be about Lex but it was still awsome.

Keep em comming... You have now become my favorite author... Oh wait you already were...

Well cya later.
Caleb
(ENS) Rabid_Gallagher

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuckles....you're scaring the fuck outta me with that series. Keep it up, dude! Smile

"My appreciation for being quoted is being masked by my distaste for your incompetence, Gallagher" - Shrumertaor
Idea, Plot, Character, and Forum Signatures
CoLd BlooDed

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to read this right now. The reviews make this one look good already.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CoLd BlooDed

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Chuckles; just finished--amazing. You've capture a thriller-esque atmosphere quite professionally and solidly, so much so that I couldn't wait to read what happened next, but I was always worried that Sagus was going to get jumped by that heat-absorbing creature. (What the hell was that thing, anyways?)

I personally didn't want Miranda to die, and the addition of precognition in the story just fulfilled it with foreboding.

Great job, Chuckles, and hurry with the next chapter!

(Or don't, I really wouldn't like to see the quality drop)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
(Na)Marl

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

--Well, Chuckles, it's once again a great fan fic. Spectacular ending. Can't wait for part eleven.
Chuckles

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I really wanted to pick up with Lex's vengeful assault on Parnassus, but I soon realized that I had to give the creature's backstory first. Once I figured that out, I was going start with the creature's story, and then go to Lexicus and everything else and bring the series to a close. What a joke!

Thanks for reading and especially for the comments--they mean a lot coming from you guys.

C.T. Clown
Chuckles

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to get off topic on my own thread, but we just had someone join HBOFF who is going to be in my next series. MiNeS is a member of the Grand Rapids Frag Pile. He is a regular at our monthly fragfests and is probably our best player. I decided that he needs to be one of the Spartans in my next series--skilz this sick are deserving of tribute (and it didn't hurt that he reads my fics). MiNeS, welcome to HBOFF. Hope you didn't mind the introduction Very Happy

Oh, and to keep it on topic, MiNeS was painfully close to being in Erebus, but I just could not squeeze in any more characters. We'll see him next time.
C.T. Clown
(Na)Marl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

--MiNeS is new? (Sniff) I'm new. Never askeed me to be in your fic. Crying or Very sad Smile
MC's Cousin
Mr. 1337

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Chuck knows where I stand on being a character in one of his fics - just not what I would prefer to be represented as. Well, you know, I am here. Though, that would be odd to read about.

Welcome to HBOFF, be the way, MiNeS. Great to have you - especially if you are a friend of Chuckles here. I just wish I could be part of something akin to the Grand Rapids Frag Pile. My skilz have degressed because of lack of time to practice. Really disapointing. Those I introduced to the game all that long time ago are now matching (an in one case nearly surpassing) my level. Damn my lack of time.

Ehem.

Well, I think I've said enough.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: