HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guerilla: Some Dreams You Can Do Without

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hboff
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Guerilla: Some Dreams You Can Do Without Reply with quote

This topic is for posting comments to:

Guerilla: Some Dreams You Can Do Without
Posted by Mainevent (mainevent117@gmail.com)
12 February 2005, 6:09 AM

http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic/?story=mainevent.0212050609316.html
Guardian
BANNED

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn!

That was awesome, and you're back!

a little while has passed since you've been on.

Very nice story, i like the plot and the ending was much of a cliff hanger, just as Halo 2's ending was. So can't wait to read more of this new series.

One after the other, more and more. Keep them coming.

10/10
Mark Lieberg

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truely Amazing dude...I cant wait for the next one..Love it..really.
#179/1204
"Studying Computer Information Systems (That's Programming for you retards out there)"
Odin of SoS.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome like always main
just keep killin devil
thedarkfire

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mighty fine. I see that you infer that Tartarus' hammer was a purely Forunner creation. You sir, are smoking.
MC's Cousin
Mr. 1337

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see you are still alive and kickin' Main. I was beginning to wonder. Now, if only we can get CoLd, Hell, and Wado to start posting again... *MCC thinks back to older times*

Nice descriptions. Gave me a good sense of things. But, believe it or not, they could have been improved - if only by just a couple words. For instance, when you described the air that John was taking in, I could imagine smelling it, but I still didn't get the sensation in my mind. Something like "the salt bit at the lining of his nose, the worn leather's scent and ting of titanium forming an invigorating cocktail in his nostrils." That's just what I thought.

I got a feeling of a Stargate SG-1 episode from this. Not sure why, but that was what popped into my mind.
Yup. Ancients. Jack O'Neil and his speach thing. Humans and their conection. Oh yeah. I'm seeing some connections.

Yeah; I think that at least some of the Hammer was derived from Forerunner tech. But I think that other parts were from Brute tech (since we haven't seen a hammer like it until now) and Covenant tech. Just what I thought. Still, an interesting hypothesis.

Overall, I loved it. Kinda went by quickly, too quickly, but it was still good. Keep up the good work.
Mainevent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you guys liked it. Sorry I haven't been able to write much lately; school's been a drag.

As for the Fist of Rukt, who knows where it came from. It could be Forerunner, it could be Forerunner/Covenant hybrid, or it could be from some other species altogether. All I said was that Rukt had it. Twisted Evil

On the length thing, I'm actually kind of surprised. This was five word pages long, one of the longest I've written in a while. Why it would go by so quickly is beyond me; perhaps it was simply that good. Wink

Anyway, this wasn't consciously based off of anything Stargate related. But in retrospect I can see some similarities there.
SYSTEM
The Hammer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to read this - NOW!

- Dave.

"When in doubt, empty your magazine." - Murphy's first law of combat operations.
Odin of SoS.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kill
russ687

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent.

There were some minor errors through the text, nothing that proof-reading can't catch.

Excellent content. The descriptions, though they could have been longer, were good and I had a nice picture of what was happening. Your plot is very perplexing, and I'm curious to know where this leads.

I never thought once that this was like Stargate, probably for the best too. Nice job, Mainevent.

One last thing, I would suggest not bolding any text unless it is part of a header. The very last phrase was awesome, but it should be in just italics.

-Russ
Odin of SoS.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any grunt knows that the first casualty of war is actually the plan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: