HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fic Picks - Guidelines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SYSTEM
The Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Fic Picks - Guidelines Reply with quote

This is probably a bit overdue. I'll keep this simple for now, but in the meantime...

If you are going to do a fic pick of the week, or even posting on this forum, there aren't many formal guidelines, but there are a number of quick rules to remember:

- Fic picks represent a large part of this site's image to outsiders. Because of this, I do not want to see fic picks being used as a way to blast submissions. There will be no 'worst of the week.' Although sites exist specially for the purpose of sporking bad fan fiction, this is not one of them.

- If you are going to say what you didn't like about a submission, say it, but state why. It is not good enough to say "This is bad" or "This is cheesy." Negative reinforcement works, but it's much better when combined with something positive, or at least a little feedback. Say why. Give examples if you can.

- Fic picks are also not to be used for self promotion.

- If a fanfic is indeed bad (as in "oh god WHY?" bad, or to the point where it's so bad it's good), then it may be given the "wang monster" award. But in other cases, don't, especially if the writer is trying to improve and showing effort.

- You can write as much as you want, but you aren't obliged to exhaustively review every entry. Keep what you write short and to the point. A general guideline is to quickly run over a few key points, and if you need to, take that up with the writer.

- This applies to all posters: No hijacking is permitted. Discussions are to be kept relevant. We have a separate forum for discussing writing help. Remember that everyone here is to be given a turn.

- Proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling is mandatory at all times.

I apologize to anyone I have not offended yet. I will get to you shortly.
kr1
IRC Channel Operator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I didn't write these myself, Dave. Forgot I was supposed to... Embarassed

Looks good, though.

Location: Overlooking a rebel hideout from an orbiting UEG patrol frigate.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Bout time someone came in and cleared things up.

Thanks, Dave!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Reviews All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: