HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index HBO Fan Fiction
Forum for HBO Fan Fiction Related Stuff

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fic Pick of the Week (September 18)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kr1
IRC Channel Operator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Fic Pick of the Week (September 18) Reply with quote

So, the Fic Pick is absurdly late. I know, I know. So I'll just get on with it. Three entries this week, so I'll be going with just one winner.

So, here's the week's entries:

Babylon High Day 4 by Shurmanator

Shurmanator's continues his fic about a combined species high school, but it takes a turn from the lighthearted to the depressing and bizarre. His writing itself is solid, but the tone here is schizophrenic and just seems really out of place.

What Once was Ours, chapter 2 by Jake Trommer

Jake continues his post-post Halo 3 fic. Not too much action here, mostly setup for future conflict between the ONI-led UNSC and Hood's government-in-exile. Nice Arbiter scene, and some new antagonists introduced for the series. Overall a solid piece.

Halo 3: Insurrection : Parts Five and Six by Wolverfrog

Wolverfrog's post Halo 3story here is reasonably well-written, but being five chapters in, it doesn't make very much sense. Elites are enemies of humans again? Johnson is alive? The Chief is on Sanghelios? Overall kind of eh, but not terrible. And even though it's late in, some explanation for the current turn of events would be nice.

And, for the week's Fic Pick:

What Once was Ours, chapter 2 by Jake Trommer

Jake's got a talent for creating fully-realized characters out of unknowns from canon, and as always, that's the strong point of this chapter. We've got Stacker, Hood, the Arbiter, Hocus, and a few others, too, each with unique characterizations. The story itself now is a bit slow, but it's early enough in the series that jumping straight into the action would feel rushed. He's got an interesting setup, though, and I'm looking forward to where he goes with it.

And that's it, folks! Sorry for the long wait.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HBO Fan Fiction Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Reviews All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: